domingo, 16 de octubre de 2011

Three new restaurants (2do Medio)


Some people say that being a restaurant reviewer is the best job in the world but sometimes it's not. Visiting The Crazy Cows was a disappointing experience. And the decoration was crazy too - metal seats in repulsive black and white leather and pictures of cows on the walls. Although I had a booking for a table for two it took the staff 20 minutes to accommodate me and my partner. "We have too many guests and not enough waiters," the manager explained. The appetiser arrived half an hour later - a cold tomato soup with some old bread. When the steak came (well- done, please, I asked) it was still red and looked uncooked. I asked for some garlic sauce for the meat but they didn't have any! The experience was too bad to wait for dessert. "Do you have any fresh coffee?" I asked. And guess what? They didn't have any. But I was really shocked when I received the bill. It was too expensive. I didn't leave tip and left the restaurant very angry. It was a wasted evening. Take my suggestion and don't visit The Crazy Cows!


The second restaurant was El Mariscal. It has some potential because of its great location and an exceptional selection of ingredients. The food is excellent and the service impeccable, the staff are friendly, well-presented and very polite. The decoration is cheerful with lovely photos of the ocean and some green transparent fish on the wall; the place has a great atmosphere. In general, it was the best meal I've had for a long time. It was well-cooked and it came very quickly. First of all, I had mussels with some parmesan cheese. They were delicious and really fresh. And, for the second course, I chose salmon which came with butter and pepper sauce and some spicy potato purée and asparagus. Last, I had some lovely dessert - passion fruit mousse and, to top it off, I drank a cup of strong black coffee. Only one thing was not quite right - they didn't have any artificial sweetener for coffee - just sugar. The meal was not too expensive either. I would definitely recommend El Mariscal for a delicious meal.


Café Dolce Vita is a lively and authentic Italian restaurant with a typical decoration of simple tables covered with cheerful red tablecloths and pictures of Italian landmarks such as Rome and Venice. The best thing about the restaurant is the price! If you order before 7 p.m. you get two dishes for the price of one - a really good offer if you consider their size. I had some Pasta Alfredo and my partner had cannelloni with spinach and a little cheese. We had some tiramisu for dessert - really delicious. The restaurant didn't get full marks because the service was not very good - the waiter was too slow. But overall, I would recommend the place mainly because when we finished the food I felt really good and I thought that this is what restaurants are all about - a good meal.

No hay comentarios: